Pages

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Shit my Kids Ruined

If you saw the post below and wanted the entire story, or maybe you just need to feel better about the crap your kid has destroyed here is my submission to one of my favorite websites Shit My Kids Ruined. They have so much traffic, it hasn't made it up there, but honestly I think it is a way better story than a kid who spills a box of cereal or some flour on the floor. Yes, that is annoying but any parent who aimed her puking child at her body to avoid cleaning the carpet, because you know that cleaning you is easier and will result in more sleep for you, at 2 am can attest those aren't the spills that really ruin anything.

And our story begins...(cue soft spring music...maybe Tchaikovsky)

It was time for another renovation, brought to you by me because I can't seem to help myself. It was time to make our master bedroom a place of calm tranquility. Free of child toys and a place that would be conducive to romantic interludes. (cue Barry White)

I picked up some great Scandian Brazilian Cherry  flooring from Craigslist. Got a pretty good deal. 250 square feet of flooring for 600.00. I have to say, I like the brand better than Bruce which seemed to have more warped pieces but the tongue cracked  a lot during installation. We tried different pressure settings but that was just the way the wood crumbled. I like Bellawood better because the pieces were nice a straight but you have to deal with the devil Lumber Liquidators to get it so I am not sure it is worth it. That is a whole other story, and a good one, but for later.

I made some cornices. In case you can't tell, I like me some cornices and started to paint the walls. Then as things happen, my son got sick. Really sick. I came downstairs for 10 minutes to give my child his meds and make sure he was comfy. It was eerily quiet, which is mostly a tip off that bad things are happening but sometimes I will deal with the mess just to get a break. Bad idea this time. My husband asked if I had seen our daughter. I went looking and found this:



I did what all good mom's do. I got my camera.


Thankfully the carpet was coming out anyway. It just came out three weeks ahead of schedule.

On three of the four walls. Good news, it was Benjamin Moore, I am a paint snob, and with a lot of scrubbing it came off great. My triceps hurt the next day but how mad can you really get at this?

She was so proud of herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment